kaleo is an application framework which provides sample location (proxy/registrar) and presence services. Kaleo is compliant with the following specifications:
- RFC 3261 - SIP: Session Initiation Protocol
- RFC 3265 - Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)-Specific Event Notification
- RFC 3680 - A Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Event Package for Registrations
- RFC 3856 - A Presence Event Package for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- RFC 3857 - A Watcher Information Event Template-Package for the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP)
- RFC 3858 - An Extensible Markup Language (XML) Based Format for Watcher Information
- RFC 3863 - Presence Information Data Format (PIDF)
- RFC 3903 - Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) Extension for Event State Publication
- RFC 4825 - The Extensible Markup Language (XML) Configuration Access Protocol (XCAP)
- RFC 5025 - Presence Authorization Rules
kaleo is located under the
extras directory of your cipango sources directory. To build from the sources, follow these steps:
- Open a command prompt window and navigate to your cipango root directory
- Go to the kaleo framework directory and build it:
To start kaleo, copy the generated sip application (located under the
target directory of
kaleo) to your cipango application deployment directory or start directly the application from the
kaleo directory with the maven cipango plugin:
Integration tests can be run with the command:
Mercuro is a free IMS softphone available for download here.
Kaleo does not need any provisionning, the registrar allows every registrations (no authentication).
Mercuro should be configured to use XCAP:
In Open Tools > Options > Contacts, select "Store contacts on a Remote Server" and set in Base URL, the value:
- http://localhost:8080/cipango-kaleo/xcap if Kaleo is running with maven-plugin
- http://localhost:8080/cipango-kaleo-1.0-SNAPSHOT/xcap if Kaleo is running with cipango (replace 1.0-SNAPSHOT by the kaleo version)
In Open Tools > Options > Presence, select "Enable Presence" and ensures that the options "Enable RLS Presence" and "Enable Partial Publication" are not checked
To authorize a user to see the presence, in Contacts > Authorizations, click on the allow button.
Then, the user see the presence.